It’s finally that time of year! Over here on the East Coast we’re all crossing our fingers that the snow has finally bid adieu — which sadly doesn’t look too promising. But, we can now enjoy a little more hours of daylight and begin to pry ourselves out of our seasonal depression. Spring has been my favorite season for as long as I can remember. It has a refreshing feel to it that makes you want to be more productive. And what better way to reward yourself for making it through the winter than a nice warm vacation!
Whether you have a scheduled spring break from school or you just decided to use some vacation days, March is a great time to rejuvenate your mind and maybe get a tan while you’re at it. I decided to take a trip to Florida with my best friend. I’ll be posting pictures from my trip soon, but I decided to share my packing essentials for anyone who is going on their spring break soon!
- Slides: If you’re going to be chillin pool side then you definitely need some slides! There are so many cute options out there right now. In typical Kayla fashion I got some I.N.C. slides from Macy’s that are super extra and sparkly.
- Reading Material: If you plan on lounging at the beach then you definitely need some good reads. I am so excited about my new poetry book, The Witch Doesn’t Burn In This One by Amanda Lovelace (my red cover with extra poems is exclusively available at Target). I also picked up the March issue of Allure with the gorgeous Lupita Nyong’o on the cover.
- Sunglasses: Your favorite shades are an obvious must! Mine are my round folding gunmetal Ray-Bans.
- Camera(s): Phones are great for documenting the good times of course, but polaroid pictures just seem to make a moment extra special for some reason. I use my trusty Fujifilm Intax Mini 9. And, not surprisingly, I took it a step further and brought my Crosstour action camera to take some video footage of my adventures.
- Portable Charger: I pretty much never leave the house without my portable charger, especially when I’m traveling. It has about 5 full charges on it and it’s SUPER reliable.
- Duffle Bag: I got my adorable velvet mini duffle bag for free with a purchase from PINK.
- Portable Speaker: And what’s spring break without good music? I always travel with my portable iHome speaker. It hooks up to bluetooth so I can play whatever I want from my iPod, iPhone, or laptop.
- Chapstick: If you’ll be somewhere with a lot of sun like I was then it’s important to protect your lips. I carried around my MYMATCHA moisture stick from cocokind.
What’s your must-have item for spring break?