Although Valentine’s Day is over, I still wanted to share two cute little projects that I did. The first one was perfect for all of my friends and the second one was for my boyfriend. They were super easy, inexpensive and a lot of fun. You can do either of these projects anytime of the year and I’m sure it will make your loved ones smile.
Chocolate Popcorn Jars
I got this project idea from Bethany Mota’s YouTue channel. I love her videos and I definitly recommend checking them out. Here is what you will need:
- Plain popcorn
- Chocolate melts (I used pink, red and white)
- M&M’s (I used Valentine’s Day ones)
- Mason jars
- Craft supplies for decorations (design tape, stickers, ribbon, etc.)
- Pop all of your popcorn and dump it into a large cookie pan.
- Put your chocolate melts into bowls and heat them up in the microwave until they melt.
- Immediately after the chocolate melted, stir it and drizzle it all over the popcorn.
- Before the chocolate hardens, add the M&M’s and sprinkles so they will stick to the popcorn.
- To make it harden faster, you can put the pan into the fridge.
- Decorate your mason jars however you please. (:
- When the chocolate is hardened over the popcorn, you can pour it into the mason jars and give them out as little gifts!
I actually came up with this idea on my own. If you are on a budget, but you want to do something sweet for your significant other than this is sure to touch their heart. Here is what you need:
- A blank notebook
- Sharpies or gel pens
- On the first page of the notebook, create a title and a “to and from” page
- On the second page, make a key. My key was: Red = song lyrics and quotes that make me think about you, Orange = a memory we share, Blue = something for us to do in the future, Purple = random things I love about you
- Then, just fill the pages with your moments using the key as a color guide.
- Finally, decorate the book with stickers and pictures! If the cover of your notebook is plain, decorate that as well.
Let me know what you think!