I spent the whole day today watching Christmas movies! I’m still at school working for a few more days until I get to go home and hang out with my family for the holidays, so I decided to get into the Christmas spirit by myself. I plugged in my twinkling lights, made some tea, and watched all the best holiday movies on Netflix. Here is what I binged:
- The Santa Clause (1994): I love this one! A dad knocks Santa off the roof (accidentally) and then has to put on his suit and take his place. It’s not very easy for him and his son to convince people they’re not crazy, but spoiler alert; the spirit of Christmas always wins. This one is a classic and if you haven’t seen it then you definitly need to. I also mentioned this one in my Christmas movie list a couple years ago, click here for even more Christmas favorites.
- Christmas with the Kranks (2004): This movie is so silly. Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis play a super believable mom and dad. When they try to skip Christmas to go on a cruise, their neighborhood is not having it. Nothing can change their mind about skipping Christmas… until their daughter decides to come home on Christmas Eve! This movie made me laugh so hard.
- Miracle on 34th Street (1994): This one is super cute and sweet. When the real Santa Claus starts working at a department store, he takes it upon himself to make a mother and her daughter believe. Then, it is up to those same non-believers to save Santa when he is put on trial!
- Christmas in the City (2013): Similar to the one above, this one also involves the real Santa in a department store. Except the mother and daughter in this one are believers. The mother, who may or may not be falling in love with her boss at the department store, goes up against an evil marketing woman (the beautiful Ashanti) who is draining the store from all of its Christmas spirit.
- Twelve Dates of Christmas (2011): Rom com to the max. This woman relives the same Christmas twelve times, and each time she falls more and more in love with an unexpected stranger. It’s super romantic and if you’re sappy (like me) it might even make you cry.
- Merry Kissmas (2015): If you are a Pretty Little Liars fan like me and you think Noel Kahn (aka Brant Daugherty) is adorable, then you probably want to check this one out. After a mysterious elevator kiss, he ends up falling for a cute, sweet girl named Kayla (aren’t all Kayla’s cute and sweet? 😉 ). The only obstacle in their way… he is catering her engagement party. And did I mention that her fiancé is an arrogant asshole?
- A Christmas Kiss (2011): Okay so when this movie started and I saw another mysterious kiss in an elevator I thought I was having dèjá vu (even though this movie did come out before the one listed above). But, A Christmas Kiss was actually pretty different than Merry Kissmas. This movie is about an interior designer who falls in love with her boss’s boyfriend, yikes! It is super cute and another rom com that will make you wish you found your true love in a broken elevator.
What’s your favorite Christmas movie?