It’s my 23rd birthday today… my Jordan year! Last year, I combined my birthday post with my new years resolutions and I decided to do it again this year! I think it’s a good way for me to set goals for myself and then look back and see how much I accomplished in a year. While I was 22, I completed 17 out of 22 of the things on my list! The five that I didn’t complete, I incorporated into this list. Here are 23 things I would like to do while I’m 23!
Complete my master’s degree.(SU Newhouse Class of 2017!)
- Pray more and go to church more.
Complete at least one magazine internship.(Nylon Magazine!)
- Get my first real journalism job.
Move to New York City.(See pics of my first NYC room here!) Travel to somewhere I’ve never been.(Charleston & Boston)
- Learn to budget more efficiently & save more money.
- Get my first professional body massage.
- Start a journal and stick with it.
- Do my first blog giveaway.
- Read a minimum of 10 good books.
- Create a healthier lifestyle routine.
Learn to cook new meals. Do more freelance writing and publish at new media outlets.(Got published at Fashionista, Nylon, and CafeMom!)
- Get another tattoo.
- Do a paint and pour.
Do more blog collaborations.(Shoutout to MGM, Tobi, and more!) Create more: art, DIY’s, multimedia projects, etc.(Tried vlogging a couple times & put together my bedroom furniture all by myself!) See at least 5 new movies that I really enjoy.(Girls Trip, Hidden Figures, Wonder Woman, Beauty and The Beast, and Despicable Me 3.) Add more professionalism to my wardrobe.
- Do something impactful for those less fortunate.
Host a party or get-together.(I hosted a small watch party for the Oscars & quite a few wine/study sessions when I had my studio in Syracuse.)
- Get on a better sleep schedule.