I am officially 24 as of last Saturday! Yup, I’m done with college and grad school and
approaching in real adult status… yikes! This is my third year doing this type of bucket list and it’s definitely a post I look forward to. I like to look back at the previous one (check out last year’s here) and see how much I accomplished and take a look at what I should transfer to the new year’s list. Since I have a January birthday, I enjoy doing this instead of setting New Year’s resolutions. I feel like a bucket list for the year is a little more realistic, especially if it’s specific. I always throw in some more relative goals (like “be healthier” or “go to church more”) and those are always the hardest to actually cross off. But I do like having them written down so I can keep them in my mind. But I also add fun things every year like “see somewhere new” or “get a full-body massage” — which I still haven’t done btw! So this year I am going to try my best to really do EVERYTHING on my list! And I think what will help me will be to make my goals even more specific than I usually do. So, without further rambling, here are 24 things I hope to do while I’m 24: Find a dope new apartment in NYC. Either get hired in at my internship or find a career job elsewhere.
- Take a trip to Philadelphia and Washington D.C.
- Join the National Association of Black Journalists.
Take a beach/pool vacation.// Spring Vacay in Florida
- Start “lazy scrapbooking.”
- Start vlogging more.
- Go to church & bible study more often.
- See at least 10 new movies I enjoy.
- Read at least 10 books.
- Build up a savings account.
- Get my first professional body massage.
- Get another tattoo.
- Do a paint and pour.
- Try some new workout classes (dance, yoga, zumba, etc.)
- Host a party or get-together.
- Explore new ways to monetize my blog.
- Get published at new media outlets.
- Attend some blogging events and/or gatherings.
- Start selling my unwanted clothes, shoes, and accessories online.
- Do something to help those less fortunate that I’ve never done before.
- Create a fitness schedule that works for me.
- Buy something designer.
- Go on some dates (hopefully good ones, but we’ll see).
Birthday Outfit Details:
Dress: Forever 21 (on sale $12.99) // Velvet Puffer Jacket: Forever 21 ($44.90) // Crushed Velvet Sock Booties: Forever 21 (on sale $24.43) // Fishnet Tights: Lane Bryant // Aquarius Necklace: Earthbound Trading Co.