October has been flying by! Can you believe that there is only 11 more days until Halloween? Since I have been so busy I don’t really feel like I’m in the Halloween spirit yet, I don’t even know what to dress up as! So I decided that the best way to get into the spirit is to watch awesome movies! I personally am not a big fan of scary movies so I decided to make this movie list more family oriented. My two little sisters are probably a lot more excited for Halloween then I am so why not have your family join in on the movie night? Weather you have kids, siblings, a significant other or even dogs and cats, nothing is better than cuddling up at night and watching a great movie. So if you are still trying to get into the Halloween spirit like me then here is my list of 10 movies, one for every night leading up to Halloween! Of course you could always throw in the traditional Freddy, Jason, and Michael Myers…. but probably not with your kids and siblings around.
1. Hocus Pocus: (1993) This is one of my all-time favorite Halloween movies! The story of three witches returning from the dead on Halloween night to suck the life out of the children of Salem is sure to get you in the spirit! As gruesome as that sounds it’s actually kind of funny. The fate of Salem rests with a young boy, his little sister, his love interest, and a talking black cat. The dimwitted witches don’t stand a chance.
2. The Addams Family: (1991) The story of this creepy, one of a kind family is something everyone should probably see in their lifetime. When con artists attempt to take the family’s fortune, the slightly clueless family doesn’t exactly catch on to what is happening. They are also pretty unaware of how eccentric they come off to people in the normal world.
3. Casper: (1995) The friendly ghost will make your heart melt as he befriends a young girl who is staying in his haunted mansion with her father, a paranormal expert.
4. Beetlejuice: (1988) A recently deceased young couple’s ghosts get a “bio-exorcist” to try to remove the obnoxious new owners of their home.
5. The Witches: (1990) A little boy comes across a witch convention at a hotel and he must try to stop the ugly, evil ladies in disguise… but to make that task a little more difficult, he has been turned into a mouse.
6. The Little Vampire: (2000) I have to admit, when I was younger I watched this movie about twenty times. A little boy who can’t seem to fit in, finally finds a true friend… who is a vampire. Now he must help his new friend and his vampire family.
7. Hotel Transylvania: (2012) This adorable cartoon is about Dracula, who owns a monster resort secluded from the human world. When his teenage daughter wants to get out of her comfort zone and explore the world, he becomes a little overprotective. Especially after a human boy finds their secret location.
8. The Haunted Mansion: (2003) Eddie Murphy in a Disney movie is sure to be entertaining. When a husband is a little too preoccupied with work and business, he could be jeopardizing loosing his family… literally, to the ghosts of a haunted mansion.
9. Corpse Bride: (2005) When a nervous groom is practicing his wedding vows in a forest, he awakens a dead bride from her grave who claims that she is now his wife.
10. The Nightmare Before Christmas: (1993) The traditional movie that mixes Halloween and Christmas spirit in a weird, dark kind of way is a great family movie to watch right before Halloween night. Jack Skeleton from Halloween Town begins to become bored with being scary. When he discovers Christmas Town, he tries to bring Christmas to Halloween.
What to do during movie night:
Carve or paint pumpkins
Make your halloween costume
Decorate a mask
What snacks to eat:
Pumpkin spice oreos